Hello crafty friends!
Now that the Valentine’s Day cards are in their envelope and ready for the postal carrier to whisk them away to their destination, it’s time to turn my crafting attention to Easter.
I wanted to play along with the Mixed Media challenge over on Splitcoaststampers.com so I got busy yesterday and it seemed to be a good day for it as it was pouring rain. I have to admit that I had the worst time creating this card, due to one unexpected delay after another.
I purchased the Never Give Up set from Our Daily Bread a while ago, and thought this would be the perfect time to break it out. Since the set didn’t really have any Easter sentiments, I knew just the set that did...hence my quest to find the Christ is Risen Set designed by Nina Brackett. Let me begin by telling you that I have hundreds of stamp sets...some of which are stored in boxes in my storage room because I couldn’t possibly keep all of my stamps in my craft room. (Note to self...find a home for these stamps, as many of them have been unloved for years)
In my defense, I do have all the boxes indexed so all I needed to do was find the list, look up the set, and go to the corresponding box. Well, my first delay came from not being able to find the list on my computer. After 30 minutes of searching my computer files and various piles of paper on my desk, I spent a fair amount of time just looking through the boxes. (not the most efficient use of time). Finally, I found the list AND the box, which eventually resulted in this card.
My “mixed-media” is the result of heat embossing the cross with gold embossing powder on white cardstock. I then used an ink blending tool and applied three different colors of distress ink to create a bit of an ombre effect.
I added a little matching jewel to the center of the cross and matted the image on gold metallic cardstock. I then applied that onto a layer of violet that was embossing using a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I thought the wood grain image worked with my cross image.
This is the sentiment and banner image that I hunted hi and low for, and I’m glad I found it because it really completes the card. I layered some ribbon behind the banner.
That’s it; a card that should have taken about 30 minutes to make, turned into more like 180 minutes! Some days are like that for me, but it doesn’t stop me...I persevere until I ready my desired results.
Thanks so much for looking in today. Until next time, stay crafty.
Live each day with PURPOSE!