I received my pre-order from the Spring Mini and naturally I just had to play a little. Not only did I get the Doodle This and Doodle That stamps sets, but I also got some of the cool Au Chocolat Designer Double Sided paper. I just love the double sided paper for cards with interesting folds because you get to see both sides of the paper!
The base of the card is a standard size card (single piece) and the designer paper is cut 12 X 4 1/4 and folded in half and then folded back and forward again. It's really a simple fold that has a unique look, one that was shown to me at a recent swap I attended.
Here are the basic ingredients to this card:
- Stamps: Doodle That, Polka Dot & Paisley
- Paper: Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Au Chocolat Designer Paper
- Inks: Brown Stazon, Close to Cocoa
- Accessories: Mat Pack, Eclipse Masking, Brown Grosgrain from stash, Off-white organdy ribbon from stash, aged copper brads, Stamp-a-magic
- Techniques: Masking, paper piercing, unique folds